Titanium dioxide is an excellent white pigment, a safe and non-toxic white powder. It has excellent hiding power, tinting power, and weather resistance. Among the white pigments, the whiteness, brightness and gloss are very good, and the chemical properties are stable at the same time. Generally, it does not react with any substances at room temperature, and its main component is titanium dioxide.
The main application areas of titanium dioxide: coatings, plastics, inks, papermaking, of which coatings account for 50%, plastics account for 30%, papermaking accounts for 14%, others (including cosmetics, chemical fibers, electronics, ceramics, enamels, welding rods, alloys, glass and other fields) accounted for 6%.
1. Coating is a very important user of titanium dioxide, especially the largest user of rutile titanium dioxide. The paint made of titanium dioxide has bright color, strong covering power, strong tinting power, and low dosage, which can protect the stability of the medium, enhance the mechanical strength and adhesion of the paint film, prevent cracking, prevent ultraviolet rays and water penetration, and can effectively Extend the life of the paint film.
2. The plastics industry is its second largest user. Adding titanium dioxide to plastics can improve the heat resistance, light resistance and acid resistance of plastic products, thereby improving the physical and chemical properties of plastic products, enhancing the mechanical strength of products, and prolonging service life. .
3. The paper industry is the third largest user of titanium dioxide, which is used as a pigment for papermaking, mainly for high-grade paper and tissue paper. Adding titanium dioxide to the paper can make the paper have better whiteness, good gloss, high strength, thin and smooth, no penetration in printing, and high gloss.
4. Titanium dioxide in the rubber industry is not only used as a colorant, but also has the functions of reinforcement, anti-aging and filling. Adding titanium dioxide to white and light-colored rubber products can make the product resistant to light, not crack, and not change color, and enhance the outdoor acid and alkali resistance of rubber products. Titanium dioxide for rubber, mainly used in auto parts, rubber shoes, rubber floors, gloves, sports equipment, etc.
5. Cosmetic-grade titanium dioxide is divided into oil-based and water-based titanium dioxide. Because it is harmless to the human body, stable in chemical properties, high in refractive index, high in opacity, high in hiding power and good in whiteness, it is widely used in the field of cosmetics and has the effect of whitening and brightening.
6. Titanium dioxide is also an essential white pigment in advanced inks. Inks containing titanium pigments are durable, do not change color, have good surface wettability and are easy to disperse. The titanium dioxide used in the ink industry is rutile, and there is also a small amount of anatase titanium dioxide.
7. Textile and chemical fiber industry is another important application field of titanium dioxide. Chemical fiber grade titanium dioxide is mainly used as a matting agent. Because anatase type titanium dioxide is softer than rutile type titanium dioxide, anatase type is usually used. Titanium dioxide used in general chemical fibers does not need surface treatment, but some special varieties need surface treatment to reduce the photochemical effect of titanium dioxide.
8. The enamel industry is also an important application field of titanium dioxide. Enamelgrade titanium dioxide has the characteristics of high purity, good whiteness, bright color, uniform particle size, high refractive index, strong decolorization, strong opacity and opacity.
9, used in the semiconductor industry. High purity titanium dioxide (electronic grade) has semiconductor properties, its conductivity increases rapidly with temperature, and it is also very sensitive to oxygen deficiency. The dielectric constant and semiconductor properties of rutile titanium dioxide are very important to the electronics industry. High-purity titanium dioxide (electronic grade) can be used to produce electronic components such as ceramic capacitors. It is suitable for current limiting protection, degaussing, startup, positive temperature coefficient thermistor elements (Positive Temperature Coefficient thermistor), multilayer monolithic capacitor elements (MLCC), microwave elements, piezoelectric elements, luminescent materials and other fields.